Monday, August 6, 2012

Not just any Candlesticks...

I found the gently used candlesticks in the pic below before I found the embellishments and got the idea of what and how to use them.  You may be able to see in the picture that the "spray" on the front of the candle is nothing more than a couple of napkin rings that I found on clearance.  They are intricately beaded and I found them at a chain home decor store for less than $3.00 each.  They only had 2 to 3 of each kind left, not enough for my crowd so I thought awhile and the lightbulb went on.  I could not have bought the supplies for that amount of bead work and my candlesticks were a bargain as well.  I do like the larger Colonial Candles in larger candlesticks like these ceramic ones and the ring part of the napkin ring goes on first and then put the candle down in the stick.  Ad a little 'Stick-Um' on both the candle and the ring.  That makes it hold quite nicely.  Maybe you will try it with brass or silver candlesticks or even glass ones from the craft store.  Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Nice post - short and sweet - That's the way I like 'em! - Don't see a photo, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat Idea! Very cute...and the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete