Friday, June 29, 2012

That was floral design, now there is soo much more...

 June 29, 2012

Well, readers, it’s past the time of“more later” (how I ended my last blog) don't ya think?  I’m ready to share some information about myself while giving you an update about current projects I am working on for the website.

When I closed the last blog I had finished telling you about my first attempt at floral arranging (almost 23 yrs ago now) – with my own silk wedding flowers.  I worried so much about how I would ever get them back into their containers so that I could have company in the home – {and be presentable I thought – lol }-  where we were going to live for the next 2 years. Most everything else (other unpacking) was put on the old back burner, until I finished the flower arrangements.  I felt completely out of control at this point and sorry that I had taken on such a series of projects!  Well, at least they were narrowed down to floral.  If anyone had told me what my craft area would look like now I would never have believed it – honestly!


Well, I made a trip into ‘the city’ the very next day (about 2 hours away).  However, I was on a mission to find a nice lady at one of the craft stores to discuss my dilemma with; someone I just knew would understand my situation.  I took an unnecessary amount of my flowers and supplies with me, just hoping that someone would give me a sense of direction about HOW to even get started on a few projects that had begun to OVERWHELM me completely.

By now, these projects had become much larger in my mind than they could ever be in reality – you know the kind of project(s) I’m referring to right?  Sure you do!  Well, as I suspected, there was a very kind woman who gave me enough tips to get me inspired enough to get home and get started on what I had begun to avoid.  She had me brimming with self-confidence and I was ‘back in control’ after that little trip into the city that particular day.

If you get the opportunity to read this blog – great!  I hope it will get a few things in perspective for you.  Mostly, I just hope 1 or 2 of you will get a giggle at what powerful minds we really do have and that we are ALWAYS in more control than what it seems like we are - even when it feels like we are not in control at all!  Even when it doesn’t seem like it, we are surrounded by choices. We must just pick and choose which ones we want to put our time and energy into since we do not have unlimited  amounts of time and/or resources!  At least I don’t!

Currently, I have several projects in the works.  I’m excited about all of them and quite frankly, I know better than to start so many at once.  Well, part of this I attribute to drying time of several mediums such as gesso, paint, ink and embossing powders to name a few.  Presently, I am working on a printer’s tray with a “sewing” theme.  I’ve just painted some chipboard  flowers and letters with gesso and finally finished a ‘thank you’ note to our cousins in OK that hosted us while we were there for our family reunion.  Also working about 30+ hours at my retail job, took a couple of classes on developing tags and so on…

Life isn’t about finding yourself – life is about creating yourself…
                                                          -George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment